Thursday, August 1, 2013

Singing


I practiced for an hour today and came back refreshed, invigorated and even a bit inspired. It was an hour that reminded why I feel the way I do about sailing.

Nothing really dramatic happened - the wind just like it was the other day when I was struggling, but this time I did the same exercises and made no big mistakes.  It just felt good. I felt strong and in control (well, most of the time).

And I did a couple of exhilarating beam reaches just for the sheer pleasure of it and the boat responded - some might say the warbling and high-pitched hum were just the self-bailer and a vibrating foil or sheet - but I am convinced the boat was singing.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent.

    It's almost as if you are writing about the same sail that I just posted about.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...